█ Before asking your questions
█ About the settings of your web browser
- Please read the Hi-net FAQ page or
F-net FAQ page
before sending a question since the answer to your question might already be there.
- We will respond to your question by e-mail. This may take some time.
- We will not answer: Questions that are listed in the FAQ page, inquiries not related
to NIED Hi-net/F-net/V-net/S-net/DONET/MeSO-net, or general questions about a particular earthquake.
- We do not accept inquiries by telephone.
- Make sure you enter your e-mail address correctly, otherwise you will not be able to receive our reply.
If you need older Hi-net and/or F-net data that are not provided on the website, you should use the inquiry form.#Your own user ID is required. In order to get your ID, you have to register here.
- We may update the FAQ page based on the questions/feedback from our users.
- NIED is committed to safeguarding your privacy while providing a high quality of service.
Any information that could be used to identify individuals that is acquired through the NIED website
will be stored, used, or analyzed within the scope of NIED's activities.
NIED reserves the right to use such identifying information and other materials in
- NIED will treat your personal information as confidential and your details will not be given or sold to anyone.
NIED takes measures that are necessary to prevent the leakage, loss, or destruction of acquired
information and to otherwise properly manage such information.
When you provide NIED with personal information, for example
when using any Request Form - we will take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely.
All collected data will remain secured on a password protected database,
only accessible to authorized staff members of NIED.
Any disclosures will be limited to the cases stipulated below and will be accompanied by a notification
of the names and contact numbers of the parties to whom the information is provided.
Other links within this site to other websites
are not covered by this policy.
Once you have accessed another website via a link, you will be subject to
- Limitations on Use and Provision
NIED will not willfully provide information to third parties that can be
used to identify individuals, with the following three exceptions:
- In cases of legally mandated disclosure requests
- In cases where the provider of the information grants permission
for its disclosure to a third party
- In cases where NIED commissions a party to process the information collected.
The information provided will be within the scope necessary for the execution of the commissioned tasks.
Independent Administrative Institution National Research Institute for Earth
Science and Disaster Resilience,
Strategic Planning Department, Outreach Division
3-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-0006 JAPAN
Tel: +81-29-851-1611 Fax: +81-29-851-3246
Network Center for Earthquake, Tsunami and Volcano,
National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Resilience.
3-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki Prefecture, 305-0006, JAPAN
Earth Science and
All rights Reserved.